nsca / ocsp ....

Percy Jahn jahn at kima.mv.ad.uni-kl.de
Fri Feb 25 23:33:38 CET 2005

Hello ,

  weve set up two system for redundant monitoring.
  One is the Primary and the other on is our Backup system.
  The Primary System is actively executing Service checks.
  It submits results via ocsp and send_nsca to our backup system.
  The Backup system has check_freshness on all services activated.
  In cause of an failure of the primary system, the Backup System executes
  service checks indepently.

  We use keepalived for activating "notifications" and swapping of an
  ip-address.

  The two systems are monitoring 500 hosts with about 3000 services.

  Everything works fine, until the backup system goes down. send_nsca cant
  get an tcp connection established and nagios kills send_nsca, because of
  an timeout.
  Now Nagios isnt any more able to get the checks executed in time?!?
  It looks like ocsp arent double forked, are they?
  How many of them can be executed in parallel?
  Someone got this problem too? Is there an UDP Version of send_nsca / nscad ?

--
Best regards
Percy Jahn