External Command, scheduled downtime

alex at reseau.nl alex at reseau.nl
Wed Feb 16 12:23:54 CET 2005

Quoting Stanley Hopcroft <Stanley.Hopcroft at IPAustralia.Gov.AU>:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:47:14AM +0100, alex at reseau.nl wrote:
> > Quoting Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se>:
>
> > Ofcourse the parameters to the SCHEDULE_SVC_COMMAND could be
> wrong,
> > for which I need the documentation, which I can't find. It would
> help
> > if Nagios would parse the parameters before logging to the Event
> Log
> > (so that a warning can be given on wrong input). Now the only
> thing I
> > can do is making wild assumptions on what the input should be.
> >

> or you could have a look in the source.
>
> You have the opportunity to
>
> 1 discover and report a bug
>
> 2 exploit the wonderful resource you have been given to find out
> how it
> works, and as a result, help others by
>
> 3 submitting some docco according to the pattern of what's
> provided.
>
> Perhaps the CGI that submits such a command is a good place to
> start.
>
> Yours sincerely.
>
> --
> Stanley Hopcroft

Yes I was being a bit too 'easy'. I did look into some code, but I
simply don't have the time now. And I might never have the time to
investigate, because I am leaving this project to other people.
But it would be nice to get this fixed before I'm leaving.

And.. '1.' I have been looking around the Nagios and Sourceforge
 site and didn't see any bug reporting place, except this group
 So, that's why I'm posting here.
'2,3.' see the first paragraph.