Compile problems on AIX 5.2

Barry Ogletree bogletree at thedotcomin.com
Mon Feb 14 17:52:55 CET 2005

Not sure if this is the right list or if I should post to the user list.

I am working with an AIX platform trying to compile the new version of
Nagios.  I was able to previously compile version 1.2 without any
problems.  I have installed the latest versions of libiconv, gcc, g++,
make, automake.  Even though the nagios binary compiles,  I get an error
finding entry point.  I noticed that when I run the configure script it
has trouble with the time.h file and does not appear to include support
for it.  this is the case with either /usr/include/time.h or
/usr/include/sys/time.h.  Here is another error that I get.

I get the following errors when I try to compile the modules portion on v
2.0b2:

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .write_to_all_logs
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .schedule_new_event
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

Stop.
make: 1254-004 The errorcode from the last command is 2.

Stop.

It is when it is trying to compile helloworld.c and It will not go any
farther.

The configure command says it is not able to use tm_zone in struct tm from
time.h.

I have tried with sys/time.h as well to no avail.

I tried to compile directly with the -bnoquiet or -bloadmap and got no
additional information.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Barry Ogletree
770-653-5086