flapping feature suggestion

Scottie Thompson ScottieThompson at ptloma.edu
Thu Feb 10 00:42:15 CET 2005

Hello,

A suggestion for another directive regarding flap detection: It would be
nice for to configure flapping to be determined based only on
warning,critical,recovery states -- not unknown states. (Of course the
directive should be flexible enough to allow me to choose 1 or all of
the possible states.) So the directive would look something like:

flap_states = w,c,r

Then when keeping the history of previous states just filter out the
unknown (undesirable) state. Seems simple enough...assuming it doesn't
cause problems elsewhere. I've only dealt w/ service flapping but host
flapping would be similar.

Is this possible?

~Scottie