database support nagios 2.0

Dietmar Ruzicka druzicka at gmx.at
Wed Apr 13 17:29:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am currently writing my diploma thesis at the TU Vienna. A part of my work
is a mysql database interface for nagios. The plan is to develop a databse
interface which supports almost everything. This means every information,
which is currently found in the configuration files, the status files, .. is
written and read from the database. I do this from the scratch based on
nagios 2.0b2.

The current status is very pre alpha. The configuration is almost finished,
excluding the nagios.cfg itself. The configuration tables are based on the
current text configuration, describe in the documentation, excluding the
template options. The current state of host and services hold in the memory
of the nagios-core is written to the database too and almost finished. This
shall replace the retention, status and objects.cache files and is necessary
for the webinterface. Comments and downtime information is hold in the
database too. The changes in the webinterface is just started. An optional
replacement for the nagios.cmd is also included.

The database support should be option to the usual text-based way, which can
be activated or deaktivated during the configure step.

I am currently using Nagios in a kind of mixed mode. Almost all parts of
Nagios-core are using the database, but for the most parts of the
webinterface the information is read from the text-files, except
configuration, comments, notifications and scheduling queue. Therefor I
write the informations to the database and to the text-files.

What Do you think, is this a usable idea?

regards

Dietmar

--
+++ NEU: GMX DSL_Flatrate! Schon ab 14,99 EUR/Monat! +++

GMX Garantie: Surfen ohne Tempo-Limit! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl