doco errors

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed Apr 13 16:07:16 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 13:14 +1000, Greg Vickers wrote:
> I've noticed two typos in Nagios 2.0b3:
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/configmain.html#log_rotation_method
> the example implies the default action is 'd' for rotate daily, but the
> explanation of the values state that 'n' or no rotation is the default.
> This could be confusing for new users.
>
> When scheduling downtime for a service, the text in the Command
> Description box seems to be missing some details about how to use the
> Fixed option.

That's true.

Please submit a patch to fix it (it's very easy).

1. *Copy* the latest source to another directory (nagios-cvs-fixed, for
instance) to sit "next to" the official source.
2. Edit the copied source to be correct.
3. 'diff -U 3 nagios-cvs nagios-cvs-fixed > my.patch'
4. send my.patch as an attachment to this list (with an explanation as
to what it does)

easy, no?

--boinger