Patch Memory Leak...

Percy Jahn jahn at kima.mv.ad.uni-kl.de
Thu Apr 7 01:26:58 CEST 2005

Hello,

> Nice work. Are the memory leak patchings tested properly (restart from
> command-pipe, restart on HUP) or do you want some help with that?
No great thing. only 3 lost free()s. And it only happens at reloading.
First ive tried ccmalloc, but it doesnt work with threads.
Ive only checked the config validation, because nagios, uses some
syscall that isnt supported by valgrind. I think its the thread think
too? Ive no time left for reading the valgrind docu about that ;).
Next week, i will do some more tests.
At my system, memory usage without embedded perl is now nearly stable.
Maybe someone got some hints for me in mem-debugging daemons? I think
that would help me.

--
greetings
Percy