SEGV in 2.0b2 (FreeBSD 4.10/200 hosts/330 active/300 passive) - repeatedly after 2-7 days running.

Stanley Hopcroft Stanley.Hopcroft at IPAustralia.gov.au
Mon Apr 4 09:46:54 CEST 2005

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 07:33:26AM +0100, Dmitriy Kirhlarov wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 07:53:44PM +1000, Stanley Hopcroft wrote:
>
> > I am writing to report what may be a problem with Nag 2.0b2 (embedded
> > Perl, pthread lib, FreeBSD 4.10).
> >
> > Nagios runs no more than 10 days before dieing with a SEGV.
>
> try recompile Nagios without embedded perl.

there are reports of repeated SEGVs with and _without_ embedded Perl.

Unless the causes are different, then surely there is no value in doing
so.

Yours sincerely.