[Nagios-users] Adaptive monitoring commands

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Sat Apr 2 17:26:12 CEST 2005

The external command documentation is currently being rewritten and
will (hopefully correctly) document all the external commands that
Nagios supports.  The following syntax is correct:

CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND;<HOSTNAME>;<SERVICENAME>;<PREDEFINED_TEST_COM
MAND>

It probably didn't work so well, as I just found that issuing this
command caused a SEGFAULT.  A fix will be in CVS shortly.

On 1 Apr 2005 at 13:40, Chris Hale wrote:

> Has anyone had luck getting the new adaptive monitoring commands in
> 2.0 to work?
>
> In particular I'm trying to get the CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND to work.
>
> The documentation has the command like this:
>
> CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND:command_name
>
> But how does it know which host and service to apply this too?
>
> Thinking that this was just a documentation oversight... I've tried:
>
> CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND;<HOSTNAME>;<SERVICENAME>;<PREDEFINED TEST
> COMMAND>
>
> too make it match what the other external commands look like... the
> command shows up in the event log, but no change happens in the actual
> check.
>
> On a site note...
>
> Adding a hostname to CHANGE_HOST_CHECK_COMMAND seems to work ok, so
> I'm wondering if there is something wrong with this command.

> include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when reporting any
> issue. ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to
> /dev/null

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---