acknowledgment author

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Sep 29 17:28:09 CEST 2004

Kevin Simmons wrote:
> I have asked this question a few times over the years but have NEVER
> gotten a response...

I've answered it numerous times. Try to pay attention this time.

> When acknowledging a problem I never see in the notifications the author
> of the acknowledgment. This used to work in the early netsaint days but
> has not for quite some time. I don't see a macro defined. I would like
> to see a macro defined for the author so it could be passed to
> notification mechanisms.

Nagios 2.0 supports this, although it's still only available from CVS.
For Nagios 1.x, you can quite easily hack your way around this by
implementing your own notification scripts. The file you want to look at
is called comment.log (or something). Off the top of my head, I believe
grep -e '\] ACKNOWLEDGEMENT' -e 'hostname' comment.log cut -d\; -f5
will get what you want. If not, experiment a little and try to be a bit
creative.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer