chained-hash and 1.2

Thu Sep 16 03:11:22 CEST 2004

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 11:28:42AM -0700, Jason Martin wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:14:47PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> > It was originally written for the 1.x version. I don't know why
version
> > 1.3 was never released, including the chained hash patch, but I'm
sure
> > you'll be able to find a patch for it somewhere.

> I'm not seeing any reference to the chained hash in the 1.x CVS
> either; if anyone can point me to the latest version of the
> patch it would be most helpful. I haven't been able to find it
> yet in the list archives.

I am using the 1.2 chained hash patch reasonably successfully (CGI
accelaration evident but the patch is obviously incomplete) that I found
in the list archives.

It is a glib based patch IIRC and is not authored by the man responsible
for the chained hash support in 2.x.

You should find the correspondence about it (from me) in the last 6 -9
months; otherwise I can send you the patch.

There perhaps is a better case for a 1.3 release to contain

1. the chained hash patch

   For a release, there would also need to be changes to configure to
   detect the glib library and headers.

2. Embedded Perl Nagios: code to restart Nagios periodically to suppress
   memory leaks + the 2.x code to provide more feedback on ePN plugin
   failure (and to return results in mem instead of via file system).

   This stuff except the periodic restart code, exists and applies to
   1.2.

3. Miscellaneous docco and HTML tweaks

> Thanks,

> -Jason Martin
> --

Yours sincerely.

--
Stanley Hopcroft

WHO KILLED DAVEY MOORE?
(Words and Music by Bob Dylan)

Who killed Davey Moore,
Why an' what's the reason for?

"Not I," says the referee,
"Don't point your finger at me.
I could've stopped it in the eighth
An' maybe kept him from his fate,
But the crowd would've booed, I'm sure,
At not gettin' their money's worth.
It's too bad he had to go,
But there was a pressure on me too, you know.
It wasn't me that made him fall.
No, you can't blame me at all."

Who killed Davey Moore,
Why an' what's the reason for?

"Not us," says the angry crowd,
Whose screams filled the arena loud.
"It's too bad he died that night
But we just like to see a fight.
We didn't mean for him t' meet his death,
We just meant to see some sweat,
There ain't nothing wrong in that.
It wasn't us that made him fall.
No, you can't blame us at all."