Documentation Error

Ben Clewett Ben at clewett.org.uk
Tue Sep 7 09:36:06 CEST 2004

That's right, from A to C.  Yes this will be a straight connecting line.

I understand your feeling on this being miss-guided.  But I see this
information as a record of the latency of the plugin, not a check on
whether there is a response.  That is better taken care of by returning
  WARNING or CRITICAL from plugin exit code.

In PerfParse I am toying with leaving a gap in the graph where a value
is expected but not forthcomming, if the user selects some option.
However this is difficult as the user may have changed the timeing of
the plugin and the gap may be an expected response :)

Either way, I would prefure to have no value, than to try and code a
response for an infinite value.

Unless the people who designed the plugin performance protocol want to
give us some valid extensions for coding an infinite value, or coding a
NULL value.  Something like:

| latency=INFms

or

| latency=NULLms

But this is a better question for another news group, to which I'll make
a posting now :)

Regards, Ben.