Build environment diff

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Oct 22 22:53:42 CEST 2004

Hey all.

I started working on the latest CVS today, and noticed an error in the
base Makefile which doesn't remove the ./configure generated script
subst when doing make distclean.

This patch takes care of that, and also points new developers to a few
compiler options they can turn on to compile their added code with -Wall
and everything else that can easily generate error messages.

I've used those stricter options to clean up the code a bit and make it
compile nearly clean with all warnings enabled. I'm testing it now, so
I'll get back with patches later.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer