Nagios 2.0!

Lawrence, Lynne LLawrence at osc.uscg.mil
Fri Oct 22 17:46:32 CEST 2004

Please, please stop this thread!

There should be no surprise or offense taken that others may want to become
more active contributors to the Nagios project.  This is a common occurrence
- happens all the time in the OSS world, and frequently results in good
working relationships and greater progress on projects.  There are also a
good sampling of OSS projects whose contributors reap monetary benefit from
support of users and/or are paid by some corporation to support the project
- this should not be surprising or objectionable either.

Andreas has, and tactfully enough I think, broached the subject.  Ethan has
responded in the negative, as is his right.  End of story for now.

This rather bitter attack on Andreas is unwarranted, unproductive, and
depressing to the rest of us who appreciate Andreas's helpfulness on the
nagios lists.

Thank you Ethan, thank you Andreas, back to work,

Lynne Lawrence