Nagios 2.0!

Tom DE BLENDE (GCC) Tom.DeBlende at dhl.com
Fri Oct 22 15:35:35 CEST 2004

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> although I'm sure most people look at the level of the reply depth
> indicators (usually a '>' sign) and quickly deduce who wrote what.

You want a screen capture of how it looks in Mozilla? I am familiar with
the concept of depth indicators.

> What's that got to do with anything?

I'll explain it to you. You and your company make money out of Nagios.
So (quick) updates to (alpha) code are important to you, as you
obviously are using this alpha code in production environments. If code
changes are not applied in a timely fashion for you, your job becomes
harder, because what you deploy and what is in CVS gets out of synch.

The problem however, is that Ethan is not making any money out of
Nagios, and thus development isn't always as fast, changes don't get
applied at regular intervals. I'd say: learn to live with that. If you
CAN'T live with that, fork the project and do it yourself. In my very
humble opinion, it is bad manner to put the amount of stress on Ethan to
commit changes and spend time on the project as you do. Again: for you
it's a living, for him it's a hobby. I would hate to see Ethan leave the
project because he gets too much pressure from the community, and
decides it is not worth it anymore...

Have a nice weekend...
Tom