patch for preserving status log history in SQL database

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Thu Oct 21 20:58:43 CEST 2004

Funny you should ask.... I've been working on a system to reintroduce sql
as a datastore for nagios 2. Here's what I've found out, and maybe it'll
help you decide what to do:

Nagios 2 drops the sql code in favor of a far more generic event callback
system called the event broker. It's undocumented, but it's simple to use
if you've ever done anything with callbacks in C.

Depending on what you're preserving and how you've ordered your schema, it
might be trivial to turn event broker events into SQL statements. Even if
you find yourself in my place, where you have to filter the events instead
of converting them blindly, using a self-contained NEB module is far
simplier than trying maintain a patch against all of nagios.

There's a handy example NEB module to get you started at
http://www.louisville.edu/~tjande01/nagios