avail.cgi timerperiods patch

Michael Medin mime at forumsql.se
Thu Oct 21 10:35:15 CEST 2004

Hi,

This is a simple patch that allows (or so I hope) availability reports
to be made based on a time period. What this means is that I can
generate reports for other timeframes then 24x7.

We use this internally to generate availability reports for some of our
systems that have an 8x5 SLA. How this works and is implemented is that
on the last page of the availability report you can select a predefined
timeperiod and then only time during that period is counted towards the
avalibility report.

This means that for our SLA which is 9-5 mon-fri I can generate
avalibility reports for that timeframe but still monitor 24x7.

As I stated before I don't know that much about nagios development so if
this is implemented badly, have bugs or plain out doesn't work please
let me know :)

BTW; the "patch" has been generated with tortouise so it might possibly
not follow whatever standard patches should but I could apply it to my
Linux box sp hopefully it will work.

// Michael Medin