Database support in nagios

Oscar Ramos Moreno teleneko-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 5 17:31:34 CEST 2004

Hi,
I am developing a custom application based on nagios and I need
database support. I have read that nagios works with some databases
(mysql, postgresql, RRD,...), in fact there are some debian packages
with this support. But I do not find any information to developers or
users that want to store this information or access to this
information directly to the database or the tables structures.

To be more concrete I want to use postgresql to store "static
information" and informatin without history (hosts, networks,
contactgroups, ...) and RRD, from RRDTool, for dynamic information
with history. Some of the information will be shown with nagios cgis
or php web interface (nagios-php.sourceforge.net/) so I need to access
this information.

I have read that nagios do not have support to take its configuratin
from a database and if you store it in a database have to writed in
the configuratin files, There is the same problems with CGIs?

R-ds, OScar.