nagios cvs and perfdata bug

Yves Mettier ymettier at libertysurf.fr
Sun Oct 3 21:07:37 CEST 2004

> Yves Mettier wrote:
>> Just wondering if the bug I noticed about nagios crashing with -d and without -d...
>> If open if used without O_CREAT, it will not create the file.
>> But why should this be different when using -d and when not using -d ?
>>

> It shouldn't. Have you tried strace'ing it?

Yes and this is how I noticed that it was not crashing without -d.
I also tried with -d and strace -ff but I noticed nothing interesting.
The mistake I made is that I removed the files I generated with strace, because maybe
you would have found what goes wrong.
If you find nothing, and if I manage to reproduce the bug (I also need to rewrite the
config files for that), I can send you more info.
For now, I falled back to nagios-1.2 for other bugs that I could not reproduce and
generate a bug report.

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -