Subject: Re: nagios cvs and perfdata bug

Yves Mettier ymettier at libertysurf.fr
Sun Oct 3 00:33:21 CEST 2004

> Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 18:49:09 +0200
> From: Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se>
> To: nagios-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Nagios-devel] nagios cvs and perfdata bug
>
> Yves Mettier wrote:

>> 1st bug :
[...]
> This was fixed yesterday.

Thanks :)

>> 2nd bug :
>> ---------
>> Now, I consider that those files are defined.
>> If I start nagios with nothing in /opt/nagios/var (except archive/ and rw/), nagios
>> will
>> run, but nagios -d won't. Workaround : touch service-perfdata; touch host-perfdata
>>

> Did you look up the reason? This has the 'feel' of a permission error on
> the directory where the files should be stored.

Looks like, but probably not.
I first ran nagios with -d option. Problem.
Then I wanted to find the reason with strace. No problem, so I found nothing. I just
noticed that it worked.
So I tried without the files (service-perfdata and host-perfdata), and without -d : it
works.
I removed the files, and ran with -d : problem again.
I tested 2 or 3 times no files in var (and only archive and rw as directories), and
every time, it was the same thing : with -d it does not work, but without, it works. And
when the files exist, it works with -d.

BTW, nothing to do with this mail, but 2 colleagues of mine wrote an article on Nagios
in Linux-France Magazine. And it is in first page !!! It should be there soon :
http://www.linuxmag-france.org/presentation_fam.php?famille=1
You can already see it there : http://213.41.125.3/revue.asp?revue=L9275
Where should I post a mail about this ? nagios-users at ... ? nagios-announce at ... ?

Yves
--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -
- GPG key     - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                    -