nagios cvs and perfdata bug

Yves Mettier ymettier at libertysurf.fr
Fri Oct 1 15:20:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

I noticed 2 bugs with nagios (cvs snapshot 2.0a1 downloaded today 2004.10.01 08am GMT+1):

1st bug :
---------
if perfdata files are not defined in nagios.cfg, nagios will crash (SIGSEGV).
Enable perfdata, but disable the following 2 lines and it will crash

host_perfdata_file=/opt/nagios/var/host-perfdata
service_perfdata_file=/opt/nagios/var/service-perfdata

2nd bug :
---------
Now, I consider that those files are defined.
If I start nagios with nothing in /opt/nagios/var (except archive/ and rw/), nagios will
run, but nagios -d won't. Workaround : touch service-perfdata; touch host-perfdata

When the files are defined and created, everything is working well. Thanks Ethan and all :)

$ grep perf nagios.cfg |egrep -v "^#"
perfdata_timeout=5
process_performance_data=0
host_perfdata_file=/opt/nagios/var/host-perfdata
service_perfdata_file=/opt/nagios/var/service-perfdata

If you need more info to reproduce the bug, please ask.
I don't know nagios enough yet to provide a patch. One day maybe ? :)

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -
- GPG key     - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                    -