Nagios performance data problems

Simeon Zaharici simeon_zaharici at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 16:55:45 CET 2004

Hi

We have a big nagios 1.2 setup with over a 100 hosts
and more than 1000 services monitored. We enabled
performance data processing using the file-based
method.

The problem we encounter quite often is that when we
have a host or multiple services in critical state
nagios has huge delays in writing performance data
into the log file. Nagios seems to wait for timeouts
from the services that do not respond and meanwhile
queues all the writes  in the service performance
file.

Did anyone encounter a similar problem?
Thank you for your support

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.