Deletion of the performance data log files.

Ben Clewett Ben at clewett.org.uk
Tue May 18 12:53:30 CEST 2004

Steve Hanselman wrote:

> Might be better to send a request that nagios renames the files, then you
> can process them then delete them?
>
> Steve

Yes, sounds like a good idea.

My thoughts were converging towards making Nagios fclose() the file
after every write.  But this would slow Nagios slightly, and there is
still the very slight risk of a lost line of data. -- But I think your
method is better.

So, using the standard CGI method of passing a command.  My code can
submit this, wait for the file to appear, and get on with parsing it.
Nagios would then re-open the original file name and continue to write.

Can you see and problems with this method?  Does this method already
exist, or would I have to code it?

Kind regards, Ben