Patch for using ssl-client-certificates with Nagios-1.2

Fellhauer, Torsten torsten.fellhauer at sap.com
Wed May 12 00:55:51 CEST 2004

Hi everybody,

I've the need to support SSL client certificates for Nagios user authentication instead of simply using basic authentication. The problem was that Nagios sees the complete DN of the users certificate - and because this includes e.g. "=" and ",", it doesn't accepts these DNs as usernames in its configuration files. The attached patch simply uses the CN value of the DN. E.g. if the DN of a certificate is: "CN=JDOE, O=SNAKEOIL, C=DE", Nagios will use "JDOE" as username.

Unfortunately I haven't made the diff against the latest CVS revisions but against the release version 1.2.

If you need further help in setting up the client certificate authentication feel free to ask me...

Regards,
  Torsten