about apache and tomcat

Simon Kitching simon at ecnetwork.co.nz
Tue Mar 30 07:56:37 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 17:38, prabhu.anandh at wipro.com wrote:
> hi folks,
>     I have a small doubt,to which I think you can give me a lead.Can I
> use tomcat instead of apache .has anyone tried that.I have
> requirements to use tomcat.

I don't see why not (though I haven't tried it myself). Tomcat has a CGI
module available, and Nagios' web interface is purely CGI-driven.

I don't know if the Tomcat CGI module supports .htaccess files, though,
so you may end up without any security on your Nagios installation.

I suggest you check the Tomcat CGI module out, and see how its features
compare to the Apache cgi support.

Regards,

Simon