Additional states

pa at broken-pipe.com pa at broken-pipe.com
Mon Mar 22 19:34:57 CET 2004

Has anyone worked on adding support for additional states to Nagios?  (Critical, Warning, OK, Unknown, Pending, ?????) I have a need for a "down, but not critical" type state.

Think Dialup - I need to know when they're connected (green), but when they're not connected, it's OK.

An example of this can be seen in Big Brother's CLEAR state.

I'd love to see this feature as part of 2.0...  But I'm fine doing it myself -- it just makes upgrades more of a challenge when it's not part of the original source.

Any input?

Thanks

--Kurtis
pa at broken-pipe.com