a word against web interfaces

Ian Holsman kryton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 01:30:43 CEST 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:20:07 -0700, local.coder <code at novageeks.org> wrote:

> As of later versions all DB related code is removed from nagios and will not be
> there no matter how hard you look for it. All DB functions will have to be
> completed through an External module that uses the nagios common API, or a
> completely seperate process that exports happy nagios cfg files and hups the
> process.

I'm willing to maintain the DB interfaces, the only suggestion I could
make about the support nightmare part is to use libdbi (
http://libdbi.sourceforge.net/ )  instead of trying to do it as
#ifdef's

but from what I see there is no common API in 2.0 to do this.

> The DB functionality will only come from those who want it/need it and are
> willing to write/contribute to it on it's own. The same as the nagios plugins
> are today.

I'm happy with that as long as the API is there to do this