DB store for cfg data

Ed L. nagios at bluepolka.net
Fri Jun 11 22:29:23 CEST 2004

I'm looking for a suitable monitoring system, and have recently spent some
time evaluating Nagios.  I notice that 1.2 appears to have some support for
local storage of cfg data (eg., hosts, groups, contacts, dependencies) in a
relational database (pgsql/mysql) as opposed to the flat files in
nagios/etc/*.cfg.  A brief glance at the cvs logs since 1.2 seems to
suggest it's all been gutted long ago (Dec 2002?), and also appears to be
removed from the latest configure script on the cvs trunk.

Is there a current nagios developer consensus on the value of cfg storage in
an RDBMS?  Not worth doing?  Others working on it?  Is it desired?

TIA.

Ed