NRPE network error messages

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Jun 4 22:37:47 CEST 2004

Jason Martin wrote:
> It would be nice if the my_connect function in utils.c in NRPE returned
> error messages prefixed with "CHECK_NRPE:", as a 'connection refused by
> host' can be confusing if it is not obvious where the refusal came from.
>
> An example would be if using a check_tcp command via nrpe; the refual may
> have come from the nrpe host or the host being targeted by check_tcp.
> Whenever check_nrpe fails to execute the remote plugin it should make it's
> existance known, breaking from its usual 'transparent' nature.

It's supposed to do just that.

Are you running the beta-release of the 'all-flavour compatible'
check_nrpe? I pretty much brained that one and removed the
anti-transparency messages. It's been re-added in NRPE 2.2, which is
still in the workshop (code is in flux and can't be released just yet).

--
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson - NRPE Maintainer
OP5 AB
andreas.ericsson at op5.se