[Nagios-users] Re: How to Loggout?

local.coder code at novageeks.org
Fri Jun 4 15:49:08 CEST 2004

This I have to strongly disagree with. A logout page is something that can be
done by you as there are numerous apache docs on user logout.

However letting the web server do the auth is the best way to accomplish that
task. We use Nagios as part of an overall Noc Website that includes docs and
other infromation. We integrate the nagios status screens and urls inside that
site and use one login across the whole site. Since nagios reads the
authenticated user I don't have to configure two seperate authentication
systems. On top of that we are now moving to apache with an LDAP back end
authentication. There are several different apache modules for authenticating
anyone anywhere anyway you want and to bring that burden on Nagios I think
would be a mistake.

just my .02

Derrick