Feature Request: Exclude hosts/services

Darren White tech at shasta.com
Fri Jul 2 17:50:27 CEST 2004

I would like the ability to exclude hosts that have already been
included in a definition.  The documentation and mailist list archives
don't seem to point me in the direction I am looking to go.

I have about 60 hosts, 120 or so service checks.  I have about 10
hostgroups.  I have some problematic servers that I don't want to be
notified on.  There is no way with escalations to define that I not be
paged, I can only make it page me once, or less frequently. All my
notifications are setup on hostgroups.  I would love the ability to be
able to do something like:

define hostgroup{
	hostgroup_name	bigservers
	host_name		server1, server2, server 3
}

define hostescalation{
	hostgtroup_name	bigservers
	host_name		!server2
}

Or something like that, to exclude server2 from the list.  I want to
exclude maybe a half dozen servers from my group, but I don't want
to have to list them all by individual server to exclude by ommision the
troublesome ones.

I have never tried mixing host_name a hostgroup_name in one
definition. Is that even supported?  If it isnt, my example exclusion
definition is probably a long ways off.. :)  If so, any other suggestions
about how I can do this?

Would it be possible to "undefine" an escalation, like, have an
escalation rule that stops all paging? Maybe a notification interval of "-
1"?
Darren White
InterStar Inc.
530-224-6866 x 103