Compiling nrpe2 under AIX 4.2

Gerry Johnson Gerry.Johnson at torex.com
Wed Jan 28 15:24:43 CET 2004

Help Please!

I have a successful Nagios implementation for HPU-UX and Windows and I
now want to do the same for the IBM AIX 4.2 systems we have here.

None of these has a worthwhile C compiler installed so I downloaded
gcc2.95.2 ready built so that I could compile nrpe2. Unfortunately, this
fails due to a cpp error which is known about.

I have tried to find a ready built tarball for gcc2.95.3 which is the
recommended fix, but can only find downloads which have to be built. As
I am unable to build it with the resources I have I need it all ready to
go.

Can anyone help or point me to where I might get this download?

I would be very grateful

Gerry Johnson