Bug?

Magnus Thorne mthorne at liveops.com
Tue Jan 13 01:22:39 CET 2004

Greetings,

I am helping a friend setup nagios and I found the following bug.

Let's say I go to http://monitor/nagios/

Nagios web page comes up.  I click on Status Overview
("http://monitor1.sv1.callcast.vpn/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?hostgroup=all").
It will bring up my 5 servers.  Sometimes, it'll bring up the correct
information.  Sometimes, it'll bring up an old status page from last
night.  The status page will be missing one server, and it'll show 3
check_nrpe services down of the 6 services total.  Reload and it it'll
be random as to which results you get.  I know I'm not caching anything
in my web browser, because I've used IE and Netscape, and used both on 3
different computers.  Also, I can see the page pull in
/usr/local/apache/logs/access_log.

To verify what I was seeing, I did the following at root's command line
export REQUEST_METHOD=GET
export QUERY_STRING='hostgroup=all'
status.cgi

Running status.cgi over and over, sometimes would show them all as up,
sometimes it would give the bad output.

Next, you're wondering if the services are actually bouncing.  Well, if
you go into each individual server, it will never show down.  The
history will never show that it is down.  And the log files show that it
went down yesterday, but today it never went down.

Bug?  Or is there a way to fix this?

thanks,
-Mag