patch: fix nagios.spec

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at sibs.pt
Thu Dec 30 16:31:27 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 15:21 +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > Next on my TODO:
> >   * gettext support
> >   * move layout to a CSS controlled one
> >
> > Are these two items desireable?
>
> I for one would strongly discourage the implementation of gettext in a
> system daemon. For the gui it's another matter, but that should be
> resolved at a later date when it is rewritten in PHP.

The daemon is last on my i18n concerns, the web GUI is way more
important, but if changing the c files proves to hard to be worth it,
I'll just go ahead and implement it with the pathologically ecletic
rubish lister.

> Layout is already (somewhat) CSS controlled, although a couple of style
> tags definitely needs to be removed from the cgi code. I submitted a
> patch some time back which includes a common.css stylesheet file. If you
> want to start moving to a more stylesheet-oriented design (which can
> only be a good thing), I suggest you start by dropping redundant and
> obsolete statements from the current stylesheets and add statements
> found in multiple files to the common.css file. Also, it would be nice
> to see the stylesheets actually use the cascade functionality, and drop
> font-family: and other tags from style-classes that doesn't need them.

This is new from nagios 2, I suppose? I've only worked with nagios 1.2,
but since 2 is now beta I guess my time is better spent working on it,
but I haven't yet looked into more than first getting it to compile as
an RPM :)

Rui

+ So let's do it...?