nagios 2 + DB support, coming soon to a SF mirror near you

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Thu Dec 23 19:27:24 CET 2004

What are you trying to accomplish by running multiple Nagios instances?

Each instance *could* point to the same database, but if the configuration
options that nagios-db copies are different between the instances (things
like "enable flap detection"), or if there are overlaps in object names,
then that would lead to confusion.

Each instance could also point to its own database on the same server, but
then of course the instances know nothing about each other. But that's
kind of what you have right now...... I think.

Anyway, there aren't any concurrency issues, if that's what you're asking.
But I don't see what you get out of running multiple instances instead of
a single instance, other than isolation... which you could get just as
easily by having multiple databases on the same server.