Nagios 2.0 Beta Plans

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Dec 15 12:14:00 CET 2004

Matthew Kent wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 01:38, Ethan Galstad wrote:
>
>>Unless a major problem arises, I plan on releasing 2.0b1 tomorrow
>>evening or Wednesday.  If you've got some time, grab the latest CVS
>>snapshot and give it a whirl to see if there are any showstoppers.
>>
>>Some submitted patches have not been applied to the beta release
>>code.   I felt that most of these were enhancements to Nagios rather
>>than bug fixes.  Development on 2.0 has gone on long enough, so I'm
>>cutting off any new enhancements for the time being.  Here's the
>>status of some of the unapplied patches...
>

> Thanks for the update on everything Ethan.
>
> I've been using the latest CVS for a while now and haven't come across
> any issues at all. We've also been using it in production at work for
> the past ~6 months with no problems.

We've been having problems with random crashes (with latest CVS) on 3
installations, but it appears to be a gcc or glibc bug. So far it hasn't
happened with the default CFLAGS, while it does occur (at random, so
unreproducable in production) with
-pipe -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -O2 -momit-leaf-frame-pointer
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=3

It's been known to happen on both SMP and single cpu systems, so it's
not likely a kernel bug.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer