Nagios CVS won't compile with --disable-event-broker

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Thu Dec 9 06:56:27 CET 2004

On 7 Dec 2004 at 3:22, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Nagios 2.0 won't compile when ./configure is run with
> --disable-event-broker.
>
> The fix is easy enough; Just enclose the entire nebmods.c in an #ifdef
> statement, making it conditional to USE_EVENT_BROKER being defined.

Hmm...  nebmods.c shouldn't ever be compiled or linked unless the
event broker is enabled, so I'm not sure why this would be happening.
Anyway, it won't hurt to make this addition. Patch will be in CVS
shortly.

> Another thing; Wouldn't it be prudent to let Nagios dump core when any
> DEBUG option has been specified?

Nagios should dump core unless its running in daemon mode.  DEBUG
options won't do much good in daemon mode, as output is directed to
/dev/null.

> --
> Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
> OP5 AB                             www.op5.se