Second hack of nagios 2 + db

Matthew Kent mkent at magoazul.com
Tue Dec 7 14:58:11 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 19:27, Ben wrote:
> In case anybody was working with my previous neb database hack, you might
> find this one a little more fleshed out. I've added support for hostgroups
> in the UI, as well as current service status, both by service and by
> hostgroup. I have yet to get to historical reports, but that's next on the
> plate. As it is, I'm already using this interface over the stock nagios UI
> on a daily basis.
>
> The hostgroup support requires a recent copy of nagios-HEAD to work.

Oh great, I was just looking at your first version last night, very cool
stuff. I love the simplicity of how it interacts with postgres, I really
need to learn more about it at some point. Don't get much experience at
work as we run a lot of mysql.

And on that note I'm going to take a stab at implementing your current
work and schema with mysql 4.1. It has some features that should let me
simplify the logic from previous releases. I'm also interested in
working on some bulk insertion/updates to keep the load down on higher
volume setups.

- Matthew Kent