nagios $HOSTGROUP$ macro

Albert Spruyt appie at procolix.com
Tue Aug 31 10:16:38 CEST 2004

hallo nagios-devel,

There doesnt seem to be a hostgroup macro,
how hard would it be to create one?
and are there any reasons not to do it?
The presence of a hostgroup macro would
really help me create checks that would otherwise need a lot of writing.
I'm trying to make rrd graphs linked to any check with numerical output.
i want it to be done in a way though that would allow for very little in
the way of post configuration.
(i.e. add a check and becouse it's host group is defined, show up in the
correct graph).

thanks in advance
-albert spruyt