Pending state

Leonardo Henrique Machado leoh at dcc.ufmg.br
Thu Aug 12 16:24:15 CEST 2004

Sirs,

I would like to suggest a new state for Nagios. The PENDING state. It
already exists but cannot be used. For example, I wish I could make a
servicedependency that would avoid execution of a command if another
service is PENDING (not yet checked).

For example:

define servicedependency{
   host_name                        firewall
   service_description              PING_firewall
   dependent_host_name              firewall
   dependent_service_description    Load on Firewall
   execution_failure_criteria       w,u,c,p
   notification_failure_criteria    w,u,c,p
}

That way, using "p", Load would never be checked first at nagios startup
(that's what is happening with me).

--
Leonardo Henrique Machado
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais