Unix "Top" -output to nagios?

Thomas.Zimmer at oppenheim.de Thomas.Zimmer at oppenheim.de
Mon Aug 9 11:41:05 CEST 2004

Sorry for the missing subject! Again:

Hi!
i´d like to integrate the top -output to the nagios web-interface, so that
you can get some more information about the processes and utilization on a
certain machine. A good example shows a concurrent product, which surely the
most of you know: big brother; for "cpu"-monitoring you can get the top
-output for the monitored machine by one click (see http://demo.bb4.com/bb/
<http://demo.bb4.com/bb/> , click on cpu-monitor)
I thought about scripting a little cgi, like traceroute.cgi. The problem is,
that I would have to execute top on the certain machine, so that I had to
connect in some way (e.g. rsh, ssh) to that machine. I´d prefer to use an
exsisting interface like NPRE for that, no more open ports or own
socket-connections.
Did anyone think about such a feature for nagios? Is there anything
exsisting?
Do you have any suggestions to solve this prob. in an easy manner?
Thanx a lot in advance
Thomas.
P.S.: pls. Excuse my bad english :-)