accept external commands via HTTP

Ian Holsman kryton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 01:08:31 CEST 2004

hi.
I've been hacking on a patch which might be of interest to folks.

it allows nagios (the process) to accept external commands via HTTP.
(as well as the named pipe)
and to do dump simple status pages out of the process itself.

the code is here:
http://svn.webperf.org/WebSVN/listing.php?repname=Nagios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdaemon-2%2F&rev=0&sc=1
the main file is base/webserver.c

and it requires libhttpd (http://www.hughes.com.au/products/libhttpd/)
 & libxml2 to work.

the thought is for nagios to listen to a local port, and have
commands/requests relayed to it via a normal webserver (which could
handle SSL, authentication, and caching etc)

patches/comments are welcome, as you can see by the code.. it is VERY
raw, but I think it could provide a nice way to get info into & out of
nagios.

Regards
Ian