Notification escalate too fast if no one notified

Shad L. Lords lists at lordsfam.net
Sat Aug 7 00:00:26 CEST 2004

I've been chasing a problem for the last little while with notifications
escalating too fast.  The situation is this.  We are pinging some routers
that we are not in charge of maintaining every 5 minutes.  I have
notification interval set to 30 minutes.  If I set a dummy contact that has
notification hours of none and setup a host escalation to start at
notification 5 and go to escalation 0, I would expect the first notification
to happen 2 hours after the router goes down and keep notifying me every 30
minutes until it comes up.

The issue is that I was getting notified at about 20 minutes instead of 2
hours.  Digging into the code I found that even if a notification should go
out if no one is notified that it doesn't reset the next notification time.
The attached patch fixes this issue for both hosts and services.

-Shad