Additional macros for service

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Fri Aug 6 18:15:07 CEST 2004

Hello; I have a need to pass some service-specific information
to a notification command. The notification command sends a
alert into a master (non-Nagios) monitoring system used by our
operations group. This data is specific to each service.
Currently I'm extending the service description field to contain
this information, but it is not particularly useful for humans
to read and it clutters up the Nagios interface.

Would it be possible to add an 'extra_data' field into host and
service definitions that is made available as a macro to
notifications?

Thank you,
-Jason Martin
--