Adding a WARNING state for hosts

Laurent Chauvirey Laurent.Chauvirey at ext.bull.net
Mon Aug 2 17:38:57 CEST 2004

Hi

Currently in Nagios, the status of a host can be UP, DOWN, or
UNREACHABLE. I think this would be a good idea to add a WARNING state.
Imagine a host equipped with more than one ethernet interface (or even
another type of interface, such as a high-speed interconnect which you
can ping), and only one of its interfaces is failing. How would you
accessed, so it is not DOWN or UNREACHABLE, but the failing interface
has to be reported to the admin.

I know it can be done with a ping service for each interface, but I
think that putting ping as a service is not the good way to do it: what
the check-host-alive command would consist in then ?

Thanks

--
Laurent Chauvirey
Clusters HPC Linux IA-32/IA-64