Nagios-1.1 config file parsing bug

Florian.Kirchmeir at infineon.com Florian.Kirchmeir at infineon.com
Thu Sep 25 12:20:43 CEST 2003

Hi all!

I noticed a problem with the config file parsing code in Nagios 1.1, when
using the new (template-based) format:
Blanks in various object names (hosts, contact-groups, ...) are not handled
correctly when they appear in a list.
Example: with a service definition like this:

 define service{
        use                          my_template
        host_name                host a,host b,host c
        service_description    Connectivity Check
        check_command       check_ping
        }

Nagios will complain that host "host" is undefined, instead of looking up
"host a".

Can anyone please make a patch available? Thanks!

Regards,
Florian Kirchmeir