Per host definition of reporting period?

Maljaars, Eelco e.m.maljaars at kpn.com
Thu Sep 4 11:19:37 CEST 2003

Hi,

At the office we monitor a large group of systems who have either 7x24 or
5x8 support. I ran into a small problem with the 5x8 systems.

- service checks are executed 7x24, because of the performance graphs
- pager calls are only sent out 5x8 because that is wat the customer is
paying for

To report about the availability of systems, we use Nagios builtin reports.
Because the a particular system has 5x8 support, I would should only report
downtime during office hours. But services checks are executed 7x24 and
downtime i.e. outside office hours gets reported as downtime as well
(perfectly sound from a technical point of view ofcource ;).

Has anyone else experienced this? If you did, how did you fix it?

Or would it be possible to introduce a 'reporting period' var in a next
version of Nagios?

Thanks for your time,
Eelco Maljaars
KPN OVN IO GO PIT