problem compiling with pgsql support

Matthew Richardson mrichardson at transim.com
Tue Sep 2 22:13:06 CEST 2003

Hello,

I was attempting to compile Nagios on Redhat 9 with PostgreSQL support. The compile failed as it was unable to locate pgsql/libpq-fe.h as required by the xddbc/r/e.c files. I used the Redhat PostgreSQL rpms to install the PostgreSQL binaries and development packages.

Removing the 'pgsql/' from the include fixed the problem and Nagios compiled correctly. Perhaps an addition to the FAQ might be useful for some users?

Matthew Richardson
Transim Technology Corp.
mrichardson at transim.com
503.450.1355 ext. 18