NSCA memleak fix

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Sat Oct 25 01:53:53 CEST 2003

Thanks - I'll get this patched pronto.  It looks like the remaining
memory leak might be due to libmcrypt 2.4.x.  Upgrading to 2.5.x
should fix the problem, but I have not tried it yet.  Here's the
Security Focus report I just found:

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/6512

On 24 Oct 2003 at 16:18, Mark Ferlatte wrote:

> Mark Ferlatte said on Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 03:43:17PM -0700:
> > Fix for a fairly nasty memory leak in the nsca daemon.  Without this
> > patch, nsca was growing to ~80MB overnight under my (~1000 passive
> > check) loads.
>
> Crap, the previous patch was totally broken if you weren't using
> crypto.
>
> New patch attached.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer