$LASTCHECK$ available for servicechecks ?

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Oct 24 06:09:23 CEST 2003

It is available, its just a bit unstable...

If used in the check command, it will refer to the time the service
was last checked (i.e. 5 minutes ago).

If used in perf data commands, etc. it refers to the time of the most
recent service check (i.e. now).  The reason for this is the last
check time member of the service structure gets updated as soon as
the checks results come back (and before perf data commands, event
handlers, OCSP, etc. get executed).

On 22 Oct 2003 at 22:18, Brian Ipsen wrote:

> Hi!
>
>  I wonder why $LASTCHECK$ isn't available for being used with
>  servicechecks
> ?? The reason for my question is that the value would be really
> usefull for plugins, which need to examine e.g. logfiles (or in my
> case, query the eventlog inside the database of Tivoli Storage
> Manager). When the value isn't available, it is required to store the
> value locally instead. - Seems kind of wierd, that the last-check
> timestamp needs to be stored 2 places - when it could be solved simply
> by allowing the variable/macro to be used in service-checks as
> well....
>
> Regards,
>
> /Brian

Ethan Galstad,